Outreach Coordinator | Texas Gulf Coast region
The Outreach Coordinator is located remotely in the Gulf Coast of Texas, responsible for finding and recruiting caregivers into the Operation Family Caregiver program.
For more information and to apply, visithttps://www.gsw.edu/resources/facultyandstaff/hr/employment. Click on “Georgia Southwestern State University Applicant Portal.” Select “View All Jobs” and select this position. Then click the green “Apply for Job” button on the top right of the page. The site will prompt you to create an account if you are a new user. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Operation Family Caregiver (OFC) is a unique coaching program launched in 2013 by the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving. The program provides free and confidential support to the families of those who have served our nation and return home with visible or invisible injuries (including post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and/or other physical disabilities). OFC is delivered by a coach, who trains and empowers people in this new role of “caregiver.” The program has impacted nearly 1,000 families to date and has resulted in reduced caregiver depression and health complaints, and an increase in caregiver satisfaction with life.
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for building local/regional relationships and identifying opportunities to generate leads/referrals to the program. They will recruit referrals by identifying local partners, conferences, media opportunities, and audiences to which they present the program.
They will benefit from relationships already established by the national headquarters but will also be expected to establish new relationships with local organizations. This will require interfacing with the military and veteran community, establishing a regular and recognizable presence among spouses and caregivers, and becoming a resource for those communities.
In addition, the Outreach Coordinator will serve as the occasional media spokesperson and coordinate media opportunities and appearances for other RCI staff members. They will also contribute to developing collateral recruitment, social media posts, talking points, and other communications materials to contribute to raise awareness about and generate referrals for OFC.
The Outreach Coordinator will work with Caregiver Coaches who will cooperatively recruit caregivers and will also be assigned caregivers by the national office. Someone successful in this position will be collaborative and work well in partnership with others. Because this position is remote, a successful candidate will be self-motivated and resourceful and should not take rejection personally. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator should have experience or an understanding of military culture.
This is a grant-funded position located in the Gulf Coast of Texas. Employment is contingent upon grant funding.
- Identify opportunities to locate and reach military caregivers who could benefit from this program
- Develop a marketing plan for local OFC implementation
- Establish a presence and credibility within the local community to generate awareness of OFC
- Conduct phone calls and meetings with local veteran organizations to introduce them to OFC
- Secure speaking engagements on panels or at events sponsored by local organizations, etc.
- Attend networking meetings with veteran and military organizations, social service and community care providers
- Attend potential recruiting events as a representative of OFC, including conferences, health fairs, military and veteran events, either to network or to table/exhibit.
- Act as an ambassador for OFC with local organizations and media
- Pitch and secure media opportunities with local media outlets to promote OFC and recruit new referrals to the program
- Coordinate media opportunities for OFC spokespersons
- When appropriate, or as directed, act as a spokesperson for OFC with local media
- Develop content for and design or assist in the design of marketing materials and social media posts
- Process any direct referrals into OFC data system; enter information into a computerized database
- Document feedback received from caregivers who choose to participate or do not, and refine activities based on feedback
- Collect stories and identify potential participants who would be willing to share their experience with an audience
- Assist with eligibility assessment where necessary
- Develop and implement recruitment events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, communications, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to and familiarity with military culture
- Valid driver’s license
- A reliable mode of transportation with insurance
- Familiarity and comfort with technology for data collection and measurement
- Experience with social media tools and communications software programs
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to accurately assess and appropriately address problems and threats
- Ability to manage workload to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Ability to set goals/objectives and work without direct supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to meet the needs of the client or work-related deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with a wide variety of people, including peers and supervisor
- Knowledge of recruitment and marketing strategies for the military community
- Ability to deal courteously with those being served and other parties
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively in writing and orally before large groups
- Ability to maintain accurate records, assemble, and organize data and to prepare reports
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- The successful candidate should possess excellent organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, outstanding collaborative and motivational skills as well as strategic planning skills; and enthusiasm about supporting caregivers